Cybersecure in a minute Blog
- Written by Michael A. Alicea, vCxO Michael A. Alicea, vCxO
- Created: 23 April 2020 23 April 2020
Remind remote workers to keep their laptops secure at all times.
Here's a list of immediate first steps.
- If working in a high-traffic area, laptops should be secured to prevent damage or theft.
- If a laptop security lock is not available, it should be kept in a desk or cabinet that locks when not in use.
- At a minimum keep the device out-of-sight when unattended.
- Access to the laptop should be protected with a unique username and hard-to-guess password.
- Encrypting the stored data is a must for devices with protected health information or other sensitive data. This can be done within the device or with software.
- Finally, location tracking is available for most newer laptops. For devices that are frequently on the move, this is a must.
- There are many other information security measures a company should put in place before any data is allowed to be stored on a mobile device regardless of where it will be used.
We have more information on the above and a checklist we can share. Just send a note.
All Syntricity services provided under the direction of a Certified Chief Information Security Officer (C|CISO) and a Certified HIPAA Compliance Officer (CHCO).
|We love to talk about what we do.||CONTACT US|